Is SpeedFit training for everyone?
SpeedFit offers safe and effective training that suits all adults aged 18 and over. Our workouts are tailored to different fitness levels. Whether you are time-poor, a busy parent, a new mum, a professional athlete, someone concerned about health moving into middle-age, a person living with a disability, or have recently been injured, SpeedFit can help you.
Each workout is tailored to the individual’s needs with adjustments to the EMS machines by our expert trainers. For the elderly or injured, the workout can be extremely mild, while those wanting something a little more rigorous can experience a hard-core workout with strong muscle contractions and dynamic exercises.
Please note there are some conditions that exclude you from using EMS technology. Here is a comprehensive list of contraindications. If you would like to get in touch with our highly qualified team to check a condition you are unsure about, email email@example.com
What technology does SpeedFit use?
SpeedFit uses whole-body electro-muscular stimulation (EMS) technology to deliver short and effective workouts in under 20 mins. This technology was first introduced to the fitness industry in Germany and is one of the safest ways to exercise and achieve great results keeping your joints and muscles safe.
How does EMS technology work and is it effective?
EMS technology works by boosting your body’s voluntary muscle contraction extending the muscles time under tension. It reaches most of your body’s skeletal muscles and activates deep muscle tissues allowing you to build your muscle strength and improve your fitness level in a short duration. Our certified trainers will couple this technology with their knowledge of human anatomy and exercise principles to create the best training experience for you.
What are the benefits of EMS?
EMS activates eight large muscle groups and builds up the strength of your skeletal muscles. However, there is more to an EMS workout than just muscle strength. Due to the full-body nature of the stimulation, the sessions can help you:
- Improve overall strength and endurance
- Increase muscle tone
- Increase basal metabolic rate
- Improve blood circulation
- Ease joint pain due to weak muscles and local injuries
- Reduce muscle imbalances
- Improve posture
- Reduce the risk of injury
- Increase range of motion and body movement
- Improve mental health and overall wellbeing
Is there science behind EMS?
Yes! Electro muscular stimulation has been widely used within the medical industry, especially by physiotherapists for rehabilitation purposes. The technology dates back to the 1700s when electrotherapy was used to treat a variety of diseases and conditions. Since then, the technology was extensively researched and developed today, it is widely applied in several fields, especially in sports medicine. Different frequencies are used, and different parameters are applied to each pulse based on the therapy objective. At SpeedFit, we use a very safe form of EMS, working on low frequencies and only targeting your skeletal muscles.
How is SpeedFit different from my local gym?
We combine the latest fitness technology and the best fitness educators in Australia to provide you with the best training experience. Our workouts are specifically tailored to your needs and differ from gym sessions as follow:
- Personalised training sessions to accommodate your fitness level
- A highly qualified trainer delivers your workout and oversees your movement
- Minimal impact and weight-free sessions keep your joints at ease
- Short yet intense visits save you time and allow you to focus on what matters to you
- A holistic approach to health and an understanding of your lifestyle
- You receive a pre and post workout drink to ensure efficiency of your session
- You don’t need to bring a thing, as everything is supplied! Garments and socks included
- Body scans and nutrition support are also included in our membership options
What should I bring to my SpeedFit session?
We pride ourselves on the service we offer! Come in as you are, you do not need any activewear, gym bags or even towels. Upon your visit, we will provide you with:
- Special undergarments to wear while training
- Your own changing room and locker to change and keep your stuff
- Your shower essentials, and a fresh towel for when you’re done breaking a sweat!
- A pre and post-workout
- Hairdryer, mirrors and hair accessories available on-premises
How can I get the most out of my session?
Here are some tips on how to make the best of your visit and make your experience even more enjoyable:
- Drink plenty of water on the day
- Have your meal 2 to 3 hours before your session
- Have a light snack 30 minutes before your session
- Have one of our pre-workouts when you arrive at our studio, it helps hydrate your muscles
- Enjoy our protein shakes post-exercise, start your recovery as soon as you leave our doors
- Have a nice stretch on the evening following your session
What to expect out of my session?
Expect to have fun while you’re being guided through your workout by one of our friendly instructors. The session will be tailored to your fitness level, and your instructor will take you through the moves and exercises while taking care of your posture and performance. You will feel your muscles working and fatiguing, give it your best and enjoy it! It is only a 20 minute session.
Is there anything I need to do after my SpeedFit session?
Recovery is very important for your body, and there are a few things you can do to enhance it, here are some suggestions:
- Sleep well! 7 to 8 hours are essential for a healthy recovery
- Drink plenty of water, electrolyte drinks are also a great option
- Stretch post-workout!
- Eat a balanced meal post-workout, make sure you have enough protein, carbs and healthy fats!
- Go for a light cardio session the second day; walking, swimming and cycling are some great options
How often should I train with SpeedFit?
Once a week is enough to maintain a healthy and fit lifestyle. For those who would like a more extensive training program or have specific goals in mind, you can train twice a week, by doing two Strength sessions or by adding a Cardio session to your original one. You can’t perform more than two strength sessions per week as you need 72 hours in between sessions for muscle recovery. Talk to your trainer about your health and fitness goals and they will guide you on which type of sessions are right for you.
Can SpeedFit help me lose weight?
SpeedFit helps you build up lean muscle mass, increasing your metabolism and helping you burn more energy daily. When coupled with healthy nutrition and good recovery, you will definitely be able to change your body composition, reduce your body fat levels and get the shape you want!