Generally speaking, EMS training is suitable for most of the general population. That being said, due to the niche training service we provide, certain health conditions are contraindicated and will need medical clearance from a Specialist or General Practitioner.
As per most Fitness and Allied Health Professionals, a medical questionnaire will be provided to a client prior to commencement of their training session via email or in studio.
At SpeedFit, our duty of care to clients is our upmost priority so we encourage clients to be open and honest with any or all medical queries or conditions at present, past and future.
Certain Contraindications and their associated risk pathology:
- Cardiac Pacemakers: (Risk of Polarity associated with Modern Day Pacemakers)
- Type II Diabetes : (Risk of Neuropathy / Hypoglycemic Shock) (Enquire for more information)
- Inguinal / Abdominal Hernia : (Risk of Increase Intra-Abdominal Pressure)
- Tumours: (Risk to Metamize)
- Advanced Arteriosclerosis: (Risk of Acute Thrombotic Seals)
- Severe/Advanced Neurological Disorders: (Risk of Neuropathy – Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis etc.)
Acute Bacterial Infections or Fever
- Severe / Arterial Circulatory Disorder
Please consult your Medical Practitioner or Specialist if any of the above Contraindications apply to you to receive medical approval and documentation before commencing your SpeedFit Journey. If you are unsure feel free to contact us for further information and details.